Tuesday, September 22, 2015

We All Have Needs

I have created an account on Go Fund Me Campaign to help those in need:
https://www.gofundme.com/compassion4all 
Please check it out.
The contents in the packages are:
1 Shampoo
1 Lotion
1 bar of soap
1 soap holder
1 washcloth
1 tooth brush
1 tooth paste
1 tooth brush holder
1 lip balm
1 first aid kit
1 manicure kit
1 razor
1 deodorant
1 Wet Wipes
1 package of tissues
1 pair of socks
2 granola bars



As a young child I learned from my parents that everyone has a hard time in their life at one point or another. What you do in those tough times will determine your character. Will you allow your circumstances to defeat you or will you rise above those circumstances? Unfortunately, there are many who have tried to rise above their circumstances, only to be knocked down harder and not able to get back up. They need help, love, and compassion. My mom once told me that my parents had a difficult time making ends meet and purchasing things we needed such as food and baby formula. She told me that one day after church, someone had put food, diapers, and formula in her car. The odd thing is, my parents didn't tell anyone they were in this situation. Another friend shared with me the same thing happened to her family when she was little. Our families had needs and the compassion of others, helped our families during difficult times. Maybe God just put it on someones heart that our families needed help, maybe someone was watching. The important thing is, the person or people who helped out these families were being obedient to God's word, or just good people, but had compassion for other humans, because we all have needs. One time or another, if you haven't been there already yourself, you will need compassion from a stranger. Someone to help you during your rough patch.

For my life, I can't complain. So many of my family and friends have helped me out during rough times and not only do I want to pay it forward, I really just want to be obedient to God. He says in scripture to help the poor, widow, and orphan. It has always been my desire to help others so they can get out of where they are to help others and keep the cycle continuing. I thought, my life had to be together, I had to have tons of money in the bank before I could help another person. Guess what, I don't! As a matter of fact it dawned on me while in the shower this week that I don't have to be rich to help others, I can help them where I am.

So many here in our country alone need help, but we see our government helping the needs of others more than the needs of our people here at home, at least that's what we see. We are complaining because the current administration wants to import many refugees from Syria, Mexico, and other countries. We should be taking care of our people here at home first, and we are! However, the stories I have heard about the shelters here in our area are not good, so many rather live a life homeless on the street.

I am going to share with you about several people I have already met in my life who were in need and my parents helped them out. Then, I will share with you the stories of others that I have helped. Do I want praise in any of this? Absolutely not! I am just sharing with you, so you can see how easy it is to help those in need.




No comments:

Post a Comment